
Christmas is over - all bar the turkey leftovers etc and mountains of satsumas hanging sadly neglected in their string vest in the kitchen. It's a funny thing about satsumas but I always feel I have to buy them even though I know there is absolutely no contest when it's a choice between them and a chocolate orange!
I'm feeling rather sorry for myself today as I'm in bed aching, sneezing and dosed up to the eyes with Codis. I've only just recovered from a nasty bout of 'flu which put me in bed for 2 weeks and now I have picked up another virus which is currently performing a clog dance in my head! Other Half is once again on 'Nightingale' duties and wonders if he can swap me in the sales for a half price copy of 'Vintage Radio Knobs Monthly'! Bless him - he'd only just got his apron and cap washed from last time.
I spoke to my Mum on the phone this morning. She's 89 and a 'character' ( read into THAT what you will!). She lives on her own just around the corner and is never shy of voicing her opinion. She also has no 'off button' whatsoever so the phrases 'I did tell you, you were burning the candle both ends', 'you always think you know best', 'you never take any notice of me' 'have you got any fruit?'(.......yes Mum - enough satsumas to challenge Tesco's!) etc come pouring forth with barely a pause for breath .She says she nags 'cos she loves me but it's rather like being given a cuddle by a cosh!
She really is amazing my Mum. She has quite a lot of age-related problems but I don't think there's a virus anywhere who'd take her on! She's thankfully impervious to most colds etc and puts it down to being 'a tough old trout!( her words I might add!). Any virus thinking of invading my mother's immune system would definitely be nagged to death. I can imagine it now - a batallion of bugs with evil intent would be firmly challenged with the words
"Do you know WHO you're dealing with? Have you any idea what I'M going to do to YOU? Go and get yourself a proper job you little b******s and stop causing trouble. I'm going to take SO much Vitamin C you'll be re-incarnated as a bl***y grapefruit!"
I'm even 'off' buttons at the moment. I don't have any auctions running on Ebay and had intended to have a right good 'rootle' through my tins and boxes today etc. Mind you, buttons still invade practically ALL aspects of my life whether I'm poorly or not! I was stumbling wearily out of the bedroom door to the bathroom this morning in search of Codis when Other Half kindly pointed out that I "must be the only woman in the world who regularly gets out of bed with a button stuck to her a**!" Charming little treasure isn't he?
However he does have a point as I regularly leave a trail of buttons around the house - I'd never get lost in a forest!
Well, I'll sign off here for today and hopefully next time I'm back I'll be feeling much better and will have eaten some of those s**ing satsumas!

Welcome to the world of blogging Puss. I am sure this blog will become a must read!
ReplyDelete~waves~
ReplyDeleteHi Twinnie!
Hi Puss, lovely to 'see' you and your wonderful sense of humour. Please keep up the blog this time, the world need more like you (and dare I say it)...........your mum!!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you back on CbC too :)
Lovely to see you blogging again (please don't leave it so long again - lol!). Hope you're feeling better. Happy New Year. x
ReplyDeleteThanks all!
ReplyDeleteIf I'd known I was going to have visitors I would've tidied up! Lovely to see you!
Jane
Hiya Puss, good to see you blogging again. I had a right laugh at your post when we had our big meet up, what a day! Looking forward to seeing more posts from you ;o) I hope you feel better soon (cyber hugs) xx
ReplyDeleteHi! I've just joined the world of blogging, too. Your mum seems to be a more vibrant version of mine - complete with gargantuan bottle of vitamin pills in one hand and the cuddle cosh ready to wop in the other!
ReplyDeleteTidying up???? Wassat???
Hope you're a whole lot better soon (though I suggest you postpone the 'Mobility scooter on ice' lessons until the cold's completely gone - you need all the little grey cells and every defence mechanism in place!!)
Hiya Sarah and Annmarie :)
ReplyDeleteThink I might be a bit tidier this morning!
I'll do my best to keep the blog going this time and hope to be paying visits to other bloggers as well. Good luck with your blog Annmarie - guess we'll be newbies together!
Jane