Friday, 2 January 2009

Buttons, Blogs and Mary Poppins


Well, I'm feeling much improved today although my taste buds are still on strike and the mountain of chocolates and other 'yummies' from Christmas remain largely untouched. Satsumas also remain intact! Other Half has opened his 'luxury' jar of pickled onions today reckoning my blocked nose will not detect the after effects! I said "I may have a cold but I'm not dead!"


I've asked for help on 'Crafts by Carolyn' today so I can make this blog 'pretty'. Adele has given me a link to a complete world of treasures where prettiness abounds so in future I'm hoping to divert attention from the blandness of my postings towards a stunning 'environment'! I haven't clicked on too many links on the site yet figuring a global close down of the internet wouldn't be too 'festive friendly'!!


Mother continues to deliver the 'cuddle cosh' recommending complete abstinence from anything I might enjoy followed by early nights and a regular dose of vitimin pills the size of golf balls!


I've managed to do a few Ebay listings and have also enjoyed a rather relaxed 'furtle' through some button boxes. I'm finding glass buttons a real treat at the moment and could hardly bear to choose any for auction. I've decided on a great collection of glass lustre buttons with some gorgeous ones dating from the 1950s. I like to think of these as the 'Marilyn Monroe' of buttons - sexy, fabulously proportioned and adding a touch of 'pizzazz' to everything they adorn! It's always so difficult to choose and I end up putting loads back in the box thinking " No! Not this time!"

I have been enjoying 'half watching' Mary Poppins whilst doing this and have impressed Other Haf with my encyclopaedic knowledege of the words to all the songs. I had the piano songbook when the film came out and murdered most of the tunes to the point of unrecognisability! I still want to dance with sweeps and ask Mary Poppins where she got her carpet bag!

I'm hoping to make it out into the Great Outdoors tomorrow although my Mother is still not sure I'm ready to face the batallion of viruses queued up to launch a full frontal attack about my person. I'm now desperate to 'get out' for an hour and smell the fresh air (probably even more so after Other Half's pickled onion adventures!)

I'll take my chances and end this posting on an upbeat note...

....Supercalifragilisticespialidocious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment