I thought I would upload some photos of OH and I working (and playing!) in Eastbourne. Although we have lots to do in the flat we always try to combine the work with something nice and we recently celebrated our being together for 25 years with a lovely champagne picnic on the beach!
I can't call it a 'silver wedding' anniversary as we're not married but still felt the occasion should be marked. We'd been given a bottle of champagne and I threw caution to the wind and spent a small fortune buying every scrummy tidbit Marks and Spencer could provide. It was perfect but I now realise drinking half a bottle of champagne and attempting to paddle are not activities that should be combined! Stumbling inelegantly across pebbles and daring the sea to splash me was foolhardy to say the least and I ended firmly on my rump in the sea! However OH was highly amused as were a considerable number of 'promenaders'! Cannes film starlet I am not.....too much of my Mother in me for that!
However, it was a great contrast to the earlier part of the day when we'd both been working hard. I have to take pictures of us working as Mother is highly envious of these little visits to Eastbourne despite knowing that she will be moving there next year. Too many mentions of 'walking along the seafront' or even as much as looking at the sea results in phrases like ' seems like another holiday to me, aren't you supposed to be decorating' or ' it's alright for some' or even ' it's a nice life if you ask me''....all said with the sort of face only a disapproving Mother can produce!
So......the top picture was taken especially for her...........OH reckons it captures his 'best'side!!
It was a lovely afternoon and I had absolutely the best time!

Congratulations on the 25yrs together.. married or not you have managed something to treasure..
ReplyDeleteI am sure you can't wait to finish the work and move.. no matter how many 'holidays' it takes in the meantime..lol
Good on ya hun.. you only live once :)
Nikki x