Sunday, 18 October 2009

I know, I know, I know.......it's been ridiculously long since I last blogged! Life has been so busy and there have been so many changes that I simply couldn't get my head around settling to update it!
However, I'm sort of ready to begin again so I'm making a tentative start here..............today..........Sunday 18th Oct..............with absolutely no promise of anything further for the forseeable future!!

I think I need to break things down to managable chunks..so.. in no paticular order of priority ( apart from the info about my mother which always takes precedence!)....

Mum is well and celebrated her 90th Birthday in August. She's as indomitable as ever and still behaves like a 'youngster', refusing to accept 'suggestions' about behaviour, lifestyle or what might be good for her health from anyone! She had a fall a couple of months ago which has left her a bit nervous when walking around the shops but even at the time of the fall it didn't stop her asking the young ( and very personable Ambulance man) if she could clasp him around the waist ( " for stability") as she was led into the ambulance! I did say I was also feeling a "bit faint" from the shock and could do with a bit of "stability" but it was Mother's arms that were firmly gripped around his middle! She was very lucky as she didn't break anything but she had some nasty bruising to her ribs and a badly bruised knee. She tripped as a result of an uneven pavement and Solihull Council were 'marvellous' in their desire to offer apologies and put things right................I jest... they couldn't care less. They were very quick to sort out the paving slabs once they'd been informed however. Apart from that Mum is well and continues to remind this 52 year old that I am the daughter and therefore have nothing useful to impart! I love her so much but sometimes....just sometimes.......I could.............

So, onto the work front! I'm not going to spend too long on this as my use of foul language could get me barred from posting. In a nutshell......school has been taken over by an Academy, they want your body and soul to ensure it runs smoothly, they don't care about you as a 'person' and I absolutely HATE it! I'm leaving at Chistmas and know that after 27 years it's going to feel most strange! However I'm sooo looking forward to getting back to crafting ( Crafts by Carolyn here I come!) and feel quite positive about everything. I know the school is now sucking the life out of me and I really don't fit in any more ( I'm over 30 for a start which is 'way beyond' their preferred age group!). Yes, I will miss the regular income and yes, I will miss some of my colleagues ( so many have left over the last 18months) but I won't miss feeling like s*** whe I wake up in the morning and know I have to travel 30 miles to go to a job I hate! So.... I'm facing unemployment, which is scary, but I do have lots of ideas 'buzzing' around in my brain for future income....including my own website. (I'm hypervetilating at the thought of what's involved!)

Other Half and I continue going down to our flat in Eastbourne ( about once a month)........OH with his 'pipe bending' equipment at the ready and full of enthusiasm whilst stripping out the bathrooms and sticking his head down toilet cisterns etc. Every time we go down I turn into 'Doris Day', buying large quantities of cleaning materials and insisting on 'hospital corners' when making the bed! We got a quote for the renovations but it was astronomical so we've decided to do it ourselves, bit by bit. We won't move from Solihull 'til Mum has sold her house and has a retirement apartment near to us in Eastbourne. At 90, Mum can only do things at her own speed so we just have to go 'with the flow'. It looks like it will be the Spring before her house goes on the market but our flat by the sea is a complete refuge from the vicissitudes of life and if I can get there just once a month then I know I can cope!

I continue to sell my vintage buttons on Ebay (benuteeblack......for anyone in need of buttons!) but obviously the postal strikes are making things very difficult for anyone relying on them for delivery. I love Ebaying... even if it means I do have to part with some of my beloved buttons now and then!

I'm desperate to get back to crafting....I haven't logged into Carolyn's for so long as I don't want to be a 'here one minute, gone the next' kind of poster! I have no idea what's current in the card making world but am 'itching' to get to grips with all the goodies lying dormant in my craft area at the moment. I certainly miss all the chat and hope that in January I wil be able to participate once again.

I do have photos to upload of our progress in Eastbourne, Mum's 90th celebrations etc but will have to do that another time.
It's been lovely to chat -- I've no idea if anyone will read this but it's been great to punch the keys with an update!

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear from you with all your news - I'll come back again tomorrow (well, later today actually!) and digest it all - please don't leave it so long again! Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete